Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Stevens, Julian C" <ju...@amsjv.com> on 2002/03/07 12:36:20 UTC

File Corruption during HTTP Upload

I am running PHP 4.1.1 with Apache 1.3.20 on Windows NT, and have recently
started observing a bizarre file corruption effect.
I first noticed this when transferring an RTF file with an embedded image. On
arriving at the web server, the image disappeared and, after examining the
file I found 4 very small differences - the file size was not altered at all.

Now I have found that zip files are becoming corrupted in transit. A perfectly
good zip file appears on the webserver with various CRC errors!

I'm using a simple http form to upload the files, and the problem only seems
to occurr if the files are fairly large (typically 2Mb or more).
However, I need to be able to transfer much larger files than these (intranet
only).

Please can anyone suggest where this apparent corruption could be coming from.

P.S. I have just noticed that the version of Netscape that we are obliged to
use at present (4.74) is sending requests for HTTP 1.0 and not HTTP 1.1.
Could this be related to my problem and why would it not request HTTP1.1?

Thanks,

Julian Stevens