Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2023/02/22 08:06:50 UTC

[VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.4 release

Hi,

I submit ActiveMQ 5.17.4 to your vote. This release includes several
fixes, improvements and a lot of dependency updates, especially:
- add JOLOKIA_CONF env variable in wrapper configuration
- potential race condition in the store while creating new destinations
- fix reentrant lock in the broker configuration runtime
- upgrade to xstream 1.4.20
- upgrade to Spring 5.3.25
- and much more!

You can a look on the Release Notes for details:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12352481

Maven Staging Repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1270/

Dist Staging Repository:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.17.4/

Git tag: activemq-5.17.4

Please vote to approve this release:
[ ] +1 Approve the release
[ ] -1 Don't approve the release (please provide specific comments)

Thanks !
Regards
JB

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.4 release

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

this vote passe with the following result:

+1 (binding): Christopher Shannon, JB Onofré, Robbie Gemmell, Tim Bish
+1 (non binding): Jamie Goodyear, Matt Pavlovich, François Papon

I'm promoting the artifacts on Maven Central and dist.apache.org, I
will update Jira and the website, and I will send the announcement.

Thanks all for your vote!

Regards
JB

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.4 release

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

* Verified signatures and checksums
* Verified license and notice files in archives
* Checked source headers using 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Started up a broker from the binary and verified it came up ok
* Built from source and ran some tests to make sure everything looked good

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Cheers,
Jamie

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
+1

I checked things out as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files present in the archives.
- Checked headers in the source archive with: mvn apache-rat:check
- Ran the source build and the AMQP tests on JDK 11.
- Ran the Qpid JMS 2.2.0 HelloWorld, against a broker started from the
tar.gz binary on JDK 11.

Robbie

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

> I submit ActiveMQ 5.17.4 to your vote. This release includes several
> fixes, improvements and a lot of dependency updates, especially:
> - add JOLOKIA_CONF env variable in wrapper configuration
> - potential race condition in the store while creating new destinations
> - fix reentrant lock in the broker configuration runtime
> - upgrade to xstream 1.4.20
> - upgrade to Spring 5.3.25
> - and much more!
>
> You can a look on the Release Notes for details:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12352481
>
> Maven Staging Repository:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1270/
>
> Dist Staging Repository:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/activemq/activemq/5.17.4/
>
> Git tag: activemq-5.17.4
>
> Please vote to approve this release:
> [ ] +1 Approve the release

> Thanks !
> Regards
> JB
+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Verified license and notice files in archives
* Checked source license headers with 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Rand the broker from the binary archive and exercised the web console
* Built from source archive and ran some of the test suite

--
Tim Bish

Re: [VOTE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.17.4 release

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
+1 (non-binding)

regards,

François