Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Kevin <mr...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/02 20:48:17 UTC

Solex and Tomahawk / MyFaces?

Hi,

Has anyone tried using Solex <http://solex.sourceforge.net/> against a
MyFaces application.
Specifically, my application contains a jscookmenu and a calendar component.
I notice that when I access a page with either of these components,
Tomcat comes back with a NullPointerException.
But, I don't think this is my problem.
This can be confirmed by going to the MyFaces examples below.
Simply start a Solex session and access these URL's.

These return NullPointerException
http://www.irian.at/myfaces/calendar.jsf
http://www.irian.at/myfaces/jscookmenu.jsf
http://www.irian.at/myfaces/popup.jsf
http://www.irian.at/myfaces/tabbedPane.jsf

These are OK?
http://www.irian.at/myfaces/dataList.jsf
http://www.irian.at/myfaces/masterDetail.jsf

If someone could confirm this bug, that would be great.

This is for MyFaces 1.1.1

Cheers,

Kevin Hutson

Re: Solex and Tomahawk / MyFaces?

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I'm getting the same thing in Solex, on those URLs you provided.

I don't currently use Solex with my MyFaces applications so I can't
tell you how it works for me... We are just getting to the point where
we will be using tools like Solex to test but we generally use
Web/Load Runner etc. I may do some Solex testing myself, independent
of our QA group testing, just to see how it goes.

Anyone else on the list using Solex with MyFaces?

Wayne