Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by David Kavanagh <da...@dotech.com> on 2003/03/07 17:23:48 UTC

post redirect

I've been working with httpclient for a couple of days to build a Cocoon
transformer that helps me build pipelines to navigate web sites and
extract data. I've read the parts of RFC2616 that deal with redirects
and state they are automatic on the client only for GET and HEAD
methods. I know the JDC and a web site I wrote use POST for the login
form and issue a redirect as a response. Any browser I've tried this
with honors the redirect. I can send some test code I've been using to
test the automated login (that includes handling cookies).
Anyway, I've observed browsers honoring the redirect on a POST, can't
httpclient be configured that way? Looking at the source code tells me
no. (I've been using 2.0 alpha 3).

Thanks,
David