Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Monkeyden <mo...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/25 21:47:24 UTC

ActionForm is null

Im using Struts 1.2.9 on Tomcat 4.1.31.  Somehow, my form is null within my
Action.  It's even null at the level FormBeanConfig.formBeanClass() is
called.  The type, returned by FormBeanConfig.getType(), returns the correct
String, but the call to classLoader.loadClass(getType()) fails to load the
form bean.  Does anyone who worked on that piece know what might be
happening?  Looks like Joe Germuska was the author of FormBeanConfig.

Re: ActionForm is null

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.
Assuming Struts 1.x, Action Forms are null when the "name" attribute,
which specifies the form, is omitted. Forms are optional for actions.

Paul

Re: ActionForm is null

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Re: ActionForm is null

Posted by Monkeyden <mo...@gmail.com>.
If I knew exactly what to tell you, I would likely know enough to fix it.
Turns out I did.  The root cause of the problem, and the solution, had
nothing todo with Struts.

Re: ActionForm is null

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.