Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ca...@nc.rr.com on 2007/07/21 15:11:21 UTC

Uninstall SA

We have moved from hula email system to zimbra. Zimbra has built-in SA.
We installed SA from source; how do we uninstall, completely, SA?

Re: Uninstall SA

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
carnold5@nc.rr.com wrote:
> We have moved from hula email system to zimbra. Zimbra has built-in SA.
> We installed SA from source; how do we uninstall, completely, SA?

First, you need to undo whatever you did to integrate SA into your
mailsystem. If you added it to procmail, remove it from procmail, etc.
Since there's dozens of ways to integrate SA, and you've not specified
what method you're using, I can't really be any more specific here. You
must do this part first, and I would strongly recommend confirming that
incoming mail is no longer being processed by SA.

Note: if you proceed past the first step without disabling SA, your mail
chain will contiune to call SA, and fail, which may result in your mail
tools getting tangled up.

Second, if you use spamd, shut it down.

Finally, go to the source you installed from and run "make uninstall".
This won't actually uninstall SA, but will provide you a list of files
to delete.  Proceed to delete them manually.