Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by lu...@nitwit.de on 2003/10/03 16:22:05 UTC

storing index in database

Hi!

Somebody wrote a SQLDirectory for lucene 1.2 (only) but discontinued it for a
matter of performance issues.

Well, I really would like to store that index at the same place as the data
ifself - in the database and not somewhere in the filesystem. I don't quite
understand the performance problem at all but in any event if a index sizes
only some MBytes why not selecting all the index once out of the DB and
keeping it in memory?

So, I'd like to ask people here whether there is a way to and which one is the
best to store the index reasonably in db.

Timo

Re: storing index in database

Posted by lu...@nitwit.de.
On Friday 03 October 2003 16:29, Guilherme Barile wrote:
> Why not just use a RAMDirectory ?

Yes, that was my idea to store the index database and load it into memory. I'm
just asking people hese whether this is a good idea or if there are better
(more standard) ways (where I have to do less on my own).

...since I'm a lucene newbie :-)

Re: storing index in database

Posted by Guilherme Barile <gu...@prosoma.com.br>.