Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Peter Toye <ne...@ptoye.com> on 2019/06/28 14:41:46 UTC

Bits missing in NB11 installation

Having just installed NB 11, there seem to be bits missing:

1) There's no help system - just the online docs & support. Is this intentional?

2) (This one may be a Java issue not a Netbeans one.) I can't find the Javadoc for the Java 12 API. I tried setting the Javadoc URL to
https://docs.oracle.com/en/java/javase/12/docs/api/index.html but this didn't work. When I last used Java over 3 years ago one could download the entire API Javadoc as a Zip file, but this seems to have disappeared. Can someone please tell me where to find it?

Regards,

Peter
mailto:netbeans@ptoye.com
www.ptoye.com

Re: Bits missing in NB11 installation

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.
Works on Windows as well.

Thomas

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Peter Toye <ne...@ptoye.com>.
Thanks Geertjan,

Being new to the Apache NB mechanisms I'm a bit lost in where to look for things!

On the Javadoc, it seems I have to wait for NB 11.1...

Best regards,

Peter
mailto:netbeans@ptoye.com
www.ptoye.com

Friday, June 28, 2019, 3:48:16 PM, you wrote:

You can always take a look in the issue tracker when you're wondering about something, e.g., about JavaHelp status:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-3

It's not specific to NB 11, at all -- see above, licensing issue since moving to Apache, which we're hoping to solve.

Not sure off hand re javadoc, I know there's a PR about this:

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1299

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.