Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2018/02/28 06:34:18 UTC

Something weird is going on with our puppet

Guys,

I am trying to run the following command:

puppet apply -d
--modulepath=bigtop-deploy/puppet/modules:/etc/puppet/modules
bigtop-deploy/puppet/manifests/site.pp

from the top-level directory of Bigtop source tree.

to deploy some cluster configuration in a container. All I am getting
though is this error message:

Debug: Caching environment 'production' (ttl = 0 sec)
Error: Could not find class jdk for c41f94213de4 on node c41f94213de4

Looks like class jdk under bigtop-deploy/puppet/manifests could not be
found. The latest change related to this has happened in hash 40e796b
(made by Kevin), but I am kinda sure I was able to deploy cluster
after that.

Did something got changed which I missed and their new rules of using
the recipes? Thanks for any leads!
--
  With regards,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.

Re: Something weird is going on with our puppet

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Unfortunately, no. When I started using "--parser future" it still
gives me the same errors.

Just to confirm: I am using official bigtop/puppet container for
Ubuntu 16.04 and the command line looks like this

puppet apply  --parser=future -d
--modulepath=/bigtop/bigtop-deploy/puppet/modules:/etc/puppet/modules
/bigtop/bigtop-deploy/puppet/manifests/site.pp

I understand that the commit in question has nothing to do with it -
it's just the last one for the particular file. And the problem is
clearly elsewhere, but I just don't see where it comes from. The
execution is happening according to what e.g. deploy-hadoop.sh is
doing. Yes, clearly, something is off... I keep digging.
--
  With regards,
Konstantin (Cos) Boudnik
2CAC 8312 4870 D885 8616  6115 220F 6980 1F27 E622

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this email are those of the author,
and do not necessarily represent the views of any company the author
might be affiliated with at the moment of writing.

Posted by Kevin Monroe <ke...@canonical.com>.
Cos, are you resolved?

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.