Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by David Li <da...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/24 08:47:28 UTC

Behaviour about extra or unknown property

If putting an object in the cache, when the original class definition
changed, for example, add/remove property, change property name, ignite
will just assign default value to unknown properties, (null, 0, false etc),
and any extra value (property maybe removed from class) will be ignored.

I am wondering if there is any setting can change the behaviour, for
example, if there is any unknown property, can make the retrieval fail or
return null? My purpose is just to make sure outdated data wont be
accidentally retrieved.

BRs,
David

Re: Behaviour about extra or unknown property

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Looks like you need smth like serialVersionUid semantic for Serializable
interface.
Unfortunatelly, it is not supported.

--
Best regards,