Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "E.Bruch" <be...@web.de> on 2003/02/03 16:19:15 UTC

[users@httpd] apache returns 0 bytes

Hello, can anybody help with the problem below?

If running a http-client and apache in the same local network or on the same
computer we experience a problem with the code:

char req[] = "GET / HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: localhost:180\r\nAccept:\
text/html,text/xml\r\n\r\n"

struct sockaddr_in apache_addr
connect(sock, (sockaddr*)&apache_addr,sizeof(apache_addr));
send(sock, req, strlen(req));
shutdown(sock, 1); // no further sends
recv(sock, ....);

recv returns 0 bytes read, apache err log contains no error information.
If one inserts a sleep(1) call between send and shutdown everything
works fine.

Am I doing anything wrong? If not and this is an Apache problem what
workaround could I use?