Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Isidro Vila Verde <jv...@serprest.pt> on 2004/05/01 20:45:43 UTC

Xpath expression with a variable predicate in binding cforms

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I am in my first steps into cocoon and cforms
and all (almost) is new to me.

I have this XML data

<root>
<hab tipo="QD" quant="2"/>
<hab tipo="QS" quant="3"/>
<precos>
  <elem hab="QD" val="30" unit="Euro"/>
  <elem hab="QS" val="25" unit="Euro"/>
</precos>
</root>

That I wanto to bind with something like this

	<fb:repeater id="hab" parent-path="." row-path="hab">
		<fb:identity>
			<fb:value id="id" path="@id"></fb:value>
		</fb:identity>
		<fb:on-bind>
			<fb:value id="tipo" path="@tipo"/>
			<fb:value id="n" path="@quant">
				<fd:convertor datatype="integer"/>
			</fb:value>
			<fb:value id="preco"
path="../precos/elem[@hab=VARIABLE]/@val">
				<fd:convertor datatype="integer"/>
			</fb:value>
		</fb:on-bind>
	</fb:repeater>

Where VARIABLE must be the value of @tipo from current node (hab).
How can I do this. Are there any possibility to refer to value o 'tipo'?
Something like we do with xsl:variable in XSL?

Thanks in advance.

Isidro Vila Verde
email:jvv@serprest.pt
web: http://serprest.pt/
tel: 223743701
tel: 969103006

---

Re: Xpath expression with a variable predicate in binding cforms

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 01.05.2004 20:45, Isidro Vila Verde wrote:

> Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I am in my first steps into cocoon and cforms
> and all (almost) is new to me.

No, it is not a FAQ, I read it the first time.

> I have this XML data
>
> <root>
> <hab tipo="QD" quant="2"/>
> <hab tipo="QS" quant="3"/>
> <precos>
>   <elem hab="QD" val="30" unit="Euro"/>
>   <elem hab="QS" val="25" unit="Euro"/>
> </precos>
> </root>
>
> That I wanto to bind with something like this
>
> 	<fb:repeater id="hab" parent-path="." row-path="hab">
> 		<fb:identity>
> 			<fb:value id="id" path="@id"></fb:value>
> 		</fb:identity>
> 		<fb:on-bind>
> 			<fb:value id="tipo" path="@tipo"/>
> 			<fb:value id="n" path="@quant">
> 				<fd:convertor datatype="integer"/>
> 			</fb:value>
> 			<fb:value id="preco"
> path="../precos/elem[@hab=VARIABLE]/@val">
> 				<fd:convertor datatype="integer"/>
> 			</fb:value>
> 		</fb:on-bind>
> 	</fb:repeater>
>
> Where VARIABLE must be the value of @tipo from current node (hab).
> How can I do this. Are there any possibility to refer to value o 'tipo'?
> Something like we do with xsl:variable in XSL?

I know that the underlying framework JXPath supports variables and so it
may be possible to add such functionality, but I don't see how you can
do it at the moment. I guess you have to preprocess your XML structure
with an XSLT.

Joerg