Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Li...@emc.com on 2007/10/24 18:24:08 UTC

Axis2/C Memory Leak Issues

I have created some web service client code that uses the Axis2 library
functions and ran valgrind on my code to check for memory leak issues.
>From what I have read, there should be no memory leaks from Axis2/C.
But, after running valgrind, the log indicated many areas when memory is
known and unknown to be lost.  Here is the log of the memory issues:
<<valgrind.log>>   This file is slightly modified to remove references
to the work I am doing.  Is there any way to get the memory issues fixed
up in Axis2/C?

Thanks,
Ed

RE: Axis2/C Memory Leak Issues

Posted by se...@wso2.com.
Hi Ed,
I just had a brief look into the valgrind log you attached earlier, and
did a valgrind myself. There seem to be some issues in class_loader.c,
which I was checking today. Still couldn't locate the exact cause, :-).
But, I hope that a fix in that would resolve many issues.

Regards,
Senaka

Posted by Dinesh Premalal <xy...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ed,
Liu_Edward@emc.com writes:

> Hi Dinesh,
>
> I would be willing to help out in fixing the memory leak issues with
> Axis2/C.

That would be great !
>I have used a couple tools to notice that the memory leaks
> occur, but what would you recommend I should use to find out the exact
> location of these memory leaks?

So far we have used valgrind and Rational Purify , but if you have
better tools in hand that's fine.
> How would I use valgrind to check for
> the memory leaks?  Should I run valgrind on the httpd executable or
> somewhere else?

That depend on where you going to deploy axis2c services, If you using
axis2c apache module and you are going to fix server side memory leaks,

Yes, You need to run valgrind on the httpd executable.
>What include folders should I use with valgrind?  Any
> help on how the Axis2/C developers have previously resolved or checked
> for the memory leak issues would help me.
I have used valgrind for a while, but I can't recall that It asked for
include files. Normally I ran as

valgrind <options> <executable name>

Just in case if you need include files you could refer to
$AXIS2C_HOME/include/axis2-1.1

$AXIS2C_HOME is where your installation directory is (I repeat,
installation directory :))

If you have anything to be clarified please feel free to ask.

thanks,
Dinesh

RE: Axis2/C Memory Leak Issues

Posted by Li...@emc.com.