Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> on 2008/08/04 14:32:52 UTC

Re: Migrating Cocoon 2.1 project to Cocoon 2.2

On Jul 27, 2008, at 4:30 PM, Barbara Slupik wrote:

> In cocoon-2.2 everything runs as blocks. So you have to put your old
> application into one or more blocks and create cocoon-2.2
> application to run them.

I have to point out that it's not quite true and in reality there are
other alternatives [1].

Vadim

[1] http://blog.reverycodes.com/archives/000045.html

Re: Migrating Cocoon 2.1 project to Cocoon 2.2

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
On Aug 4, 2008, at 8:03 PM, Hugh Sparks wrote:

>> On Jul 27, 2008, at 4:30 PM, Barbara Slupik wrote:
>>> In cocoon-2.2 everything runs as blocks [...]
>> Vadim Gritsenko replies:
>> I have to point out that it's not quite true and in reality there
>> are  other alternatives [1].
>> [1] http://blog.reverycodes.com/archives/000045.html
>
> Vadim's paper is very liberating! In fact, I've been working with
> his ideas since it was published last year. Cocoon 2.2 has changed
> quite bit for users since the paper was published. Here is an
> attempt to make his methods easy to try while retaining
> the ability to use blocks where appropriate.
>
>    http://www.csparks.com/c22without.xhtml

Entertaining read! :) But you do use blocks and blocks dispatcher.
What's different in your setup (from standard blocks) is that you keep
your block unpacked (which is completely fine with me :))

Vadim

Re: Migrating Cocoon 2.1 project to Cocoon 2.2

Posted by Hugh Sparks <hu...@csparks.com>.
> On Jul 27, 2008, at 4:30 PM, Barbara Slupik wrote:
>> In cocoon-2.2 everything runs as blocks [...]
>
> Vadim Gritsenko replies:
> I have to point out that it's not quite true and in reality there are
> other alternatives [1].
> [1] http://blog.reverycodes.com/archives/000045.html

Vadim's paper is very liberating! In fact, I've been working with
his ideas since it was published last year. Cocoon 2.2 has changed
quite bit for users since the paper was published. Here is an
attempt to make his methods easy to try while retaining
the ability to use blocks where appropriate.

     http://www.csparks.com/c22without.xhtml

-Hugh Sparks