Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael <ni...@jayway.dk> on 2007/08/07 10:05:45 UTC

BBcode component?

Hi I was wondering if any one had done a bbcode component for wicket
that they would share?

Im needing something that will do the following:

A component where you can enter text and format it via BBcode.
A component that displays a text string that has been formatted with BBcode.

Other wise I will be creating a component, would be glad to have some
help if anyone are interested. Where should such a component be placed,
extensions or wicket stuff?

Info about bbcode :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

regards Nino

Re: BBcode component?

Posted by Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael <ni...@jayway.dk>.
resend, since I wasnt subscribed to the list when mailing this.

Re: BBcode component?

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 8/7/07, Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael <ni...@jayway.dk> wrote:
> Hi I was wondering if any one had done a bbcode component for wicket
> that they would share?

Not that I know of. But I would be surprised if no-one every did this
before with Wicket :)

> Im needing something that will do the following:
>
> A component where you can enter text and format it via BBcode.
> A component that displays a text string that has been formatted with BBcode.
>
> Other wise I will be creating a component, would be glad to have some
> help if anyone are interested. Where should such a component be placed,
> extensions or wicket stuff?

A good initial place would be wicket-stuff. If it is really good, and
licenses of any dependencies are compatible we can consider putting it
into wicket-extensions later if you wish.

Looking forward to your contribution!

Eelco