Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Adam Hardy <ah...@cyberspaceroad.com> on 2003/12/02 12:07:45 UTC

onclick events usage in struts taglibs

I'm testing my app for accessibility issues and because of the following
HTML in my struts app pages:

<input type="submit" name="org.apache.struts.taglib.html.CANCEL"
value="Cancel" onclick="bCancel=true;" />

my website is failing the Bobby test at
http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/html/en/index.jsp

Basically bobby objects to the onclick event. Surely it would be
possible to change the javascript to check whether the button was
pressed rather than putting this javascript in the onclick event?

Adam

BTW Bobby is a: "... free service [which] will allow you to test web
pages and help expose and repair barriers to accessibility and encourage
compliance with existing accessibility guidelines, such as Section 508
and the W3C's WCAG."

--
struts 1.1 + tomcat 5.0.14 + java 1.4.2
Linux 2.4.20 RH9