Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Yue Huang <Yu...@rapid7.com> on 2013/01/03 19:23:47 UTC

questions about felix-framework-4.1.0-snapshot

Hi,

I have a few questions about the upcoming release of the Felix Framework project:

1. On the website https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3455, it says the fix version should be 4.2.0., but the latest version I see in the SVN trunk is org.apache.felix.framework-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, why is the version number different, are they the same thing?

2. Do you have an estimate of when the next release of the Framework project will occur?

3. Will the next version of the Felix Framework project support osgi-core-5.0.0?

Thank you.

YH
This electronic message contains information which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by e-mail at (postmaster@rapid7.com) immediately.

Re: questions about felix-framework-4.1.0-snapshot

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
On 1/3/13 13:23, Yue Huang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a few questions about the upcoming release of the Felix Framework project:
>
> 1. On the website https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3455, it says the fix version should be 4.2.0., but the latest version I see in the SVN trunk is org.apache.felix.framework-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar, why is the version number different, are they the same thing?

We develop on the odd minor version and release on the even minor version.

> 2. Do you have an estimate of when the next release of the Framework project will occur?

Hopefully this month.

> 3. Will the next version of the Felix Framework project support osgi-core-5.0.0?

It will be using the OSGi R5 API, but will not implement all features.

-> richard