Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sagiruddin Mondal <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/13 16:45:22 UTC

How to Init the contribution ?

Hello Everyone,

How to start contributing in Apache project ? how to get an Apache Id ?

Best Regards,
Sagir

Re: How to Init the contribution ?

Posted by Prateek Chanda <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help.
I will try to reach out them under the Climate Project and see to it.

Regards,

Prateek

From:  "Prateek Chanda"<pr...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Thu, Jun 14, 2018 04:45 PM
To:  "dev"<de...@community.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: How to Init the contribution ?

Posted by Prateek Chanda <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

From:  "Prateek Chanda"<pr...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Thu, Jun 14, 2018 04:32 PM
To:  "dev"<de...@community.apache.org>;

Posted by Prateek Chanda <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,
On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 6:45 PM Sagiruddin Mondal <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...How to start contributing in Apache project ?...

Find a project that interests you, subscribe to their mailing lists
and start observing and eventually contributing, ideally around
something that's useful for you. The list of Apache projects is at
https://projects.apache.org/

> how to get an Apache Id ?

For this you need to become a committer, which usually happens after
some time when you start adding value to one of our projects. See
https://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#roles

HTH,
-Bertrand

Re: How to Init the contribution ?