Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ant elder <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/18 13:06:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.0-incubating

Please review and vote on the 1.0 release artifacts of Tuscany SCA for Java.

The SVN tag for the release is:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.0-RC2/

The artifacts are available for review at:
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/1.0-RC2/

This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT reports,
and
the Maven staging repository.

Many thanks,

   ...ant

(Note, the artifacts are still uploading so if it looks like something's
missing please just wait a bit,
         You can use the tag to verify things in the meantime)

JIRA 1749 and 1753 resolved with head revision of the 1.0 branch, was: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.0-incubating

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:

> [...]
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.createNewInstance(SCADomain.java:230)
>
>     [java]     ... 2 more
>     [java] Caused by:
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.assembly.ActivationException:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The system is
> attempting to engage a module that is not available: rampart
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.assembly.CompositeActivatorImpl.activate(CompositeActivatorImpl.java:737)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.DefaultSCADomain.<init>(DefaultSCADomain.java:178)
>
>     [java]     ... 3 more
>     [java] Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The system is attempting to engage a
> module that is not available: rampart
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.Axis2ServiceProvider.<init>(Axis2ServiceProvider.java:124)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.Axis2ServiceBindingProvider.<init>(Axis2ServiceBindingProvider.java:58)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.Axis2BindingProviderFactory.createServiceBindingProvider(Axis2BindingProviderFactory.java:57)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.Axis2BindingProviderFactory.createServiceBindingProvider(Axis2BindingProviderFactory.java:40)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.provider.DefaultProviderFactoryExtensionPoint$LazyBindingProviderFactory.createServiceBindingProvider(DefaultProviderFactoryExtensionPoint.java:194)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.assembly.CompositeActivatorImpl.addServiceBindingProvider(CompositeActivatorImpl.java:397)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.assembly.CompositeActivatorImpl.activate(CompositeActivatorImpl.java:671)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.assembly.CompositeActivatorImpl.activate(CompositeActivatorImpl.java:729)
>
>     [java]     ... 4 more
>     [java] Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: The system is
> attempting to engage a module that is not available: rampart
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.axis2.deployment.URLBasedAxisConfigurator.getAxisConfiguration(URLBasedAxisConfigurator.java:77)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFactory.createConfigurationContext(ConfigurationContextFactory.java:64)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.TuscanyAxisConfigurator.getConfigurationContext(TuscanyAxisConfigurator.java:39)
>
>     [java]     at
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.ws.axis2.Axis2ServiceProvider.<init>(Axis2ServiceProvider.java:120)

This is working OK with a distro built locally from the head revision of
the 1.0 branch.

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.0-incubating

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
ant elder wrote:
> Please review and vote on the 1.0 release artifacts of Tuscany SCA for Java.
>
> The SVN tag for the release is:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.0-RC2/
>
> The artifacts are available for review at:
> http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/1.0-RC2/
>
> This includes the signed binary and source distributions, the RAT reports,
> and
> the Maven staging repository.
>
> Many thanks,
>
>    ...ant
>
> (Note, the artifacts are still uploading so if it looks like something's
> missing please just wait a bit,
>          You can use the tag to verify things in the meantime)

I reviewed the RC2 source distribution and found the following (I will
raise JIRAs for them):

- BUILDING says release 0.91 July, should be changed to release 1.0
September.

- LICENSE is missing the following attribution

This module includes XSD files under the following SCA Collaboration
license:

License for the Service Component Architecture JavaDoc, Interface
Definition files and XSD files.

Permission to copy, make derivative works of, and distribute the Service
Component Architecture
JavaDoc, Interface Definition Files and XSD files in any medium without
fee or royalty as part
of a compliant implementation of the Service Component Architecture
Specification is hereby granted.
The Service Components Architecture Specification may be found at the
following location:

http://www.osoa.org/download/attachments/35/SCA_AssemblyModel_V100.pdf

THE SERVICE COMPONENT ARCHITECTURE SPECIFICATION AND THE JAVADOC,
INTERFACE DEFINITION FILES AND XSD FILES
ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," AND THE AUTHORS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR
WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THIS
SPECIFICATION OR THE JAVADOC, INTERFACE DEFINITION FILES AND XSD FILES
AND THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THEIR CONTENTS,
INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
NON-INFRINGEMENT OR TITLE.  THE AUTHORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY
DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL,
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY
USE OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE
SERVICE COMPONENT ARCHITECTURE SPECIFICATION OR THE JAVADOC, INTERFACE
DEFINTION FILES OR XSD FILES.

The name and trademarks of the Authors may NOT be used in any manner,
including advertising or
publicity pertaining to the Service Component Architecture Specification
or its contents without specific,
written prior permission. Title to copyright in the Service Component
Architecture Specification and the
JavaDoc, Interface Definition Files and XSD Files will at all times
remain with the Authors.

No other rights are granted by implication, estoppel or otherwise.

- README says release 0.99 August, should be changed to 1.0 September.

Also reviewed the RC2 binary distribution:

- README says release 0.99 August, should be changed to 1.0 September.

- The LICENSE file is also missing the SCA collaboration license.

- Minor issue, samples/README does not list the quote-xquery sample.

[...]

- The databinding-echo sample fails with the following exception:
[java] ComponentA --> Received message:
     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.java.context.ReflectiveInstanceFactory.newInstance(ReflectiveInstanceFactory.java:58)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.java.invocation.JavaComponentContextProvider.createInstanceWrapper(JavaComponentContextProvider.java:93)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.java.invocation.JavaImplementationProvider.createInstanceWrapper(JavaImplementationProvider.java:158)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.scope.AbstractScopeContainer.createInstanceWrapper(AbstractScopeContainer.java:65)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.scope.StatelessScopeContainer.getWrapper(StatelessScopeContainer.java:38)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.java.invocation.JavaImplementationInvoker.invoke(JavaImplementationInvoker.java:85)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.databinding.wire.DataTransformationInteceptor.invoke(DataTransformationInteceptor.java:73)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvocationHandler.java:233)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvocationHandler.java:130)
     [java]     at $Proxy6.call(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at dbecho.ComponentAImpl.call(ComponentAImpl.java:41)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
     [java]     at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:64)
     [java]     at
     [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:615)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.java.invocation.JavaImplementationInvoker.invoke(JavaImplementationInvoker.java:105)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.databinding.wire.PassByValueInteceptor.invoke(PassByValueInteceptor.java:49)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvocationHandler.java:233)
     [java]     at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.core.invocation.JDKInvocationHandler.invoke(JDKInvocationHandler.java:130)
     [java]     at $Proxy6.call(Unknown Source)
     [java]     at
dbecho.EchoDataBindingClient.main(EchoDataBindingClient.java:34)
     [java] Java Result: 1

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Abandoning this vote, will start another for RC3.

   ...ant

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 9/18/07, kelvin goodson <ke...@thegoodsons.org.uk> wrote:

> Windows XP
>
> On 18/09/2007, haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > ant run works fine with a few that I  ran using RC2 bin distro.
> >  I am running on windows. What are you running on Kelvin?
> >
> > On 9/18/07, kelvin goodson <kelvingoodson@gmail.com > wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm now seeing a couple of issues with the samples.  One is that I
> > > have to run "ant compile" before "ant run" in all cases I have tried
> > > so far.  The other is that I now see samples such as "calculator"
> > > executing and completing,  but taking 18 seconds to complete rather
> > > than the 4 I reported yesterday.
> > >
> > > Kelvin.

> for
> > Java.

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.0-RC2/

> > reports,

> something's

> > > For additional commands, e-mail: tuscany-dev-help@ws.apache.org

> Here is my summary of running the samples

RC2 Binary run through....

Note. I didn't read the sample READMEs except to cut out the URLs for the
web apps

samples

OK   README
       binding-notification-consumer missing
       binding-notification-producer missing
       Last two lines of the "Samples for building extensions" look a bit
out of place
OK  binding-echo
OK  binding-echo-extension
?   binding-notification-broker
      Not tested
?   binding-notification-consumer
      Not tested
?   binding-notification-producer
      Not tested
OK  calculator
OK  calculator-distributed
OK  calculator-rmi-reference
OK  calculator-rmi-service
OK  calculator-script
FAILcalculator-webapp
    Fails - I suspect it's a wstk version problem
OK  calculator-ws-webapp
FAILchat-webapp
    Builds and runs but messages don't appear in the text panel and flow
between chatters
OK  databinding-echo
OK  feed-aggregator
OK  feed-aggregator-webapp
OK  helloworld-dojo-webapp
OK  helloworld-jsonrpc-webapp
OK  helloworld-ws-reference
OK  helloworld-ws-reference-secure
OK  helloworld-ws-sdo
OK  helloworld-ws-sdo-webapp
OK  helloworld-ws-service
OK  helloworld-ws-service-secure
OK  implementation-composite
OK  implementation-crud
OK  implementation-crud-extension
?   implementation-notification
      no build.xml
OK  implementation-pojo-extension
OK  osgi-supplychain
OK  simple-bigbank
OK  simple-bigbank-spring
OK  simple-callback
OK  simple-callback-ws
OK  store
      got a file not found for some css file
      would be good to have the URL for the sample in the README
OK  supplychain
OK  web-resource

Now I'll

- raise 2 JIRAS for the failures
- try the demos
- look at the calculator-webapp if someone hasn't already go to it

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.0-incubating

Posted by kelvin goodson <ke...@thegoodsons.org.uk>.
Windows XP

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ignacio Silva-Lepe <is...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raymond,

Apologies for the delay, I have been traveling Sunday, Monday and
yesterday. I saw that you take care of this with r576985, thanks a
lot. Let me know if there are any other issues.

Thanks

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On 9/18/07, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 9/18/07, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/tags/java/sca/1.0-RC2/

> > > again.
> > >
> > > Simon
> > >
> > This would seem to be the delay this time...
> >
> > FINE:
> >
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.notification.NotificationBindingModuleActivatorisstarted in 11359 ms.
> >
> > everything else comes  up in a few 10s of ms. Don't know why yet.
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > Well the problem is line 171 in NotificationBindingModuleActivator
>
> localHost = InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName();
>
> It's trying to resolve a host name from an IP address and it's failing
> and/or timing out. I'm working at home on a VPN. Don't know if that's
> significant (I know Kelvin is also today). I'm also on the IBM JDK.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

Its ok for me, the samples take just a few seconds to run. Also on a VPN,
tried several JDK's they all seem fine.

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.0-incubating

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
ant elder wrote:
> Ok but lets keep this vote going in the meantime - please keep on reviewing
> so if there's any other issues we can catch them before any respin. Also if
> everyone could say if you see this delay or not so we get an idea of how
> widespread the issue is.
>
>    ...ant

The calculator sample does not show any delay for me on Linux RHEL5,
both connected and disconnected to the network.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 9/18/07, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On 9/18/07, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Ok but lets keep this vote going in the meantime - please keep on
> > reviewing
> > so if there's any other issues we can catch them before any respin. Also
> > if
> > everyone could say if you see this delay or not so we get an idea of how
> >
> > widespread the issue is.
> >
> >    ...ant
> >
> > On 9/18/07, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > What I meant is that the start() method does a lof of stuff including
> > this
> > > InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName(). I'll try to make it
> > > lazy.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Raymond

  chat-webapp
    Builds and runs fine but messages don't appear in the text panel and
flow between chatters

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.0-incubating

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 9/18/07, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1745 and just
> checked in a fix.
>
> Thanks,
> Raymond

OK  alert-aggregator-webapp
OK  bigbank-account
      not getting JSON output on bottom console on web page?
OK  bigbank-calculator
OK  bigbank-stockquote
OK  mortgage-creditcheck
OK  mortgage-loanapproval

I'm going to do TUSCANY- 1743, the calculator-webapp build.xml issue

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany Java SCA 1.0-incubating

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
I guess I'll have a fix for this in half an hour.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.