Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by cu...@g.pl on 2008/05/29 21:28:18 UTC

how to use new shell from trunk ?

Hello

  i checkout hbase from trunk and i see that there is new version of the
hbase shell. i see in comments that it base on jruby..., but how can i
use it ? unfortunatelly old shell has been removed.

   Best regards - Antony

Re: how to use new shell from trunk ?

Posted by acure <cu...@xg.pl>.
stack pisze:
> HQL is being cut from HBase for release 0.2.  Intent is to put
> something better in its place (HBASE-487).  Sorry for any
> inconvenience caused.
>
> Any particular reason you are pegged against TRUNK rather than the
> 0.1.2 release?
    we love to use fresh staff.  i think thats it's realy good way to
change it to jruby with all its features.

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
HQL is being cut from HBase for release 0.2.  Intent is to put something
better in its place (HBASE-487).  Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Any particular reason you are pegged against TRUNK rather than the 0.1.2
release?
St.Ack

Posted by acure <cu...@xg.pl>.
Krzysztof Szlapinski pisze:
> Is the old shell gone forever?
> We used to use it extensively in our project, mainly for table
> creation and debugging.
> Maybe the old shell will still work with the hbase from trunk?

    yea - you are right  - this old shell (except its bugs) was realy
usefully tool (eg. for simply and fast viewing data, or table creation).

Posted by Krzysztof Szlapinski <kr...@starline.hk>.

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.