Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Ross Bamford <ro...@roscopec0.f9.co.uk> on 2005/04/29 16:03:49 UTC

Validate my Velocity Use!

Hi all,

A little while ago I posted an announcement of a new Open Source CMS
based on Java / Velocity, but was unable to really demonstrate the
project due to it's young nature and difficulty of installation.

Development has continued, and the system is now at the point where it's
usable, so a simple demo site is available. So why post here?

Well, the reason behind posting originally was that the system
integrates Velocity, to (I think) mutual benefit. I would appreciate any
opinions or feedback anyone else may have regarding how Velocity is used
in the project, possible future direction with respect to context tools
and what not, and general Velocity-related stuff.

If anyone has a little bit of time, the demo is at
http://secure.ilkestonian.co.uk/jamecs/index

And a bit of a Velocity Examples page, with the basic stuff I could
think of:

http://secure.ilkestonian.co.uk/jamecs/help/velocity-examples.html

Thanks in advance,
Ross Bamford

--
    [Ross A. Bamford]      [ross@roscopec0.f9.co.uk]
Roscopeco Open Tech ++ Open Source + Java + Apache + CMF