Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Eric Chow <er...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/25 10:31:02 UTC

Digital signature with PDFBox?

Hello,

How can I sign a PDF using PDFBox-1.3.1?

Would you please to show me a simple example?

Best regards,
Eric

Re: Digital signature with PDFBox?

Posted by Thomas Chojecki <in...@rayman2200.de>.
Hi Adam,
it's just an interface, no implementation. But you can do basic
ISO3200-1:2008 signatures or also PAdES if you do your own
implementation. It's just a matter of the implementation not pdfbox.
The whole signature stuff is done by a crypto library. I realized up
to PAdES Part 3 and there aren't limits on pdfbox side.

The ISO3200-1:2008 signature hasn't much restrictions and an example
with Bouncy Castle will follow soon.

Regards
Thomas

Zitat von Adam@swmc.com:

Posted by Ad...@swmc.com.
I haven't dealt with signatures in PDFs before, but I'm also interested in
the topic.  Will the digital signatures be based on section 12.8 of the
PDF spec (ISO32000-1:2008)?

----
Thanks,
Adam