Posted to users@deltaspike.apache.org by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/17 15:41:40 UTC

Problem with TestRunner CdiTestRunner needing myfaces on path

Hello,

All of the sudden while doing a few experiments I started getting a lot of
ClassNotFoundException etc. For example if I don't have myfaces on my path:

javax/faces/bean/ApplicationScoped
        at
org.apache.deltaspike.jsf.impl.scope.mapped.MappedJsf2ScopeExtension.<init>(MappedJsf2ScopeExtension.java:54)
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
        at java.util.ServiceLoader$LazyIterator.next(ServiceLoader.java:373)
        ... 36 more
javax.faces.bean.ApplicationScoped
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
        ... 44 more

I had to have these three to make sure I didn't get any exceptions...

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.core</groupId>
            <artifactId>myfaces-impl</artifactId>
            <version>${myfaces.version}</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.test</groupId>
            <artifactId>myfaces-test22</artifactId>
            <version>1.0.7</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.myfaces.core</groupId>
            <artifactId>myfaces-impl-test</artifactId>
            <version>2.2.4</version>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>

Anyone knows what could be wrong? I am sure it's something on my side...
Cheers

Re: Problem with TestRunner CdiTestRunner needing myfaces on path

Posted by Karl Kildén <ka...@gmail.com>.
Gerhard,

Yes I did not have this problem before. Any advice on how I can debug why
it tries to boot the myfaces stuff? My problem is I don't want it to and I
don't understand why it happens :-)

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
@karl:
test-control can be used with java-se + cdi as well (see [1]).
everything else is optional -> it only depends on your project-setup.
(esp. on your optional config - see
META-INF/services/org.apache.deltaspike.testcontrol.spi.ExternalContainer)

regards,
gerhard

[1] https://github.com/os890/javase-cdi-ds-project-template

http://www.irian.at