Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Daniel Clark <cl...@gmail.com> on 2022/03/09 19:21:45 UTC

1.21.0-SNAPSHOT: Schema change not currently supported for schemas with complex types

I'm attempting to run this mongo query that ran successfully in Drill 1.19
with the 1.21.0-SNAPSHOT build.

SELECT `Elements_Efforts`.`EffortTypeName` AS `EffortTypeName`,
  `Elements`.`ElementSubTypeName` AS `ElementSubTypeName`,
  `Elements`.`ElementTypeName` AS `ElementTypeName`,
  `Elements`.`PlanID` AS `PlanID`
FROM `mongo.grounds`.`Elements` `Elements`
  INNER JOIN `mongo.grounds`.`Elements_Efforts` `Elements_Efforts` ON
(`Elements`.`_id` = `Elements_Efforts`.`_id`)
WHERE (`Elements`.`PlanID` = '1623263140')
GROUP BY `Elements_Efforts`.`EffortTypeName`,
  `Elements`.`ElementSubTypeName`,
  `Elements`.`ElementTypeName`,
  `Elements`.`PlanID`

I'm getting this error message: UserRemoteException : SYSTEM ERROR:
RuntimeException: Schema change not currently supported for schemas with
complex types. I've attached both the log and the profile. Any tips, or
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Re: 1.21.0-SNAPSHOT: Schema change not currently supported for schemas with complex types

Posted by Daniel Clark <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

I just disabled all the pushdowns and tried the query again. Same error in
less time. Logs attached.

Re: 1.21.0-SNAPSHOT: Schema change not currently supported for schemas with complex types

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.
It's also surprising and worrying that this query took 24 minutes to plan.

Posted by James Turton <dz...@apache.org>.
Hi Daniel

Please refresh my memory, have we tried to run this query with all push
downs disabled?

Regards
James

Posted by Daniel Clark <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

Thanks for your help with this. I've created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-8190.

Posted by James Turton <ja...@somecomputer.xyz.INVALID>.

Posted by Daniel Clark <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,