Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Chetan Mehrotra <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/08 08:14:05 UTC

Error while building SCR project

Hi,

I am trying to build the latest SCR project (using Maven 3.1.1) and it
fails with following error in Aries Version Check Plugin (Complete
logs at  [1])

[INFO] --- org.apache.aries.versioning.plugin:0.1.0:version-check
(default-verify) @ org.apache.felix.scr ---
[WARNING] Error injecting: org.apache.aries.versioning.mojo.VersionCheckerMojo
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/sonatype/aether/resolution/ArtifactResolutionException
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2398)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1838)

For now I am working around the issue by commenting out the plugin.
Similar error was also reported earlier [2]. This probably due to
change in Aether API as part of its movement to Eclipse [3] and Aries
Versioning Plugin would also need to be changed for that.

Probably the plugin should be disabled for now in trunk untill it gets
fixed in Aries. Also logged ARIES-1145 [4]

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://paste.apache.org/23vt
[2] http://markmail.org/thread/jofuoflffz4ne6zl
[3] https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5482