Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by juvelyn sosmena <ia...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/18 07:34:56 UTC

Help! Need to ad

Hi,

Need help! I am a newbie in jetspeed. I have a spring portlet application
(spring-portlet-sample) that I have deployed in jetspeed 2.1.3. Based on the
admin page, its already deployed and started. *But what configuration needs
to be changed so that when I enter the url:
http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/, it will directly go to login portal
of the spring-portlet-sample instead of the default home page of jetspeed? *

The war file I deployed has been deployed in another machine and it works
that the http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/ points to the login page of
the spring-portlet-sample application.

Attached is the screenshot of the admin page that reflects that the
spring-portlet-sample has been deployed.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Re: Help! Need to ad

Posted by David Sean Taylor <d....@onehippo.com>.
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 10:34 PM, juvelyn sosmena <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Need help! I am a newbie in jetspeed. I have a spring portlet application
> (spring-portlet-sample) that I have deployed in jetspeed 2.1.3. Based on the
> admin page, its already deployed and started. But what configuration needs
> to be changed so that when I enter the url:
> http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/, it will directly go to login portal
> of the spring-portlet-sample instead of the default home page of jetspeed?

I feel obliged to point out, although it would appear obvious, that
logging into the portal and loggin into the spring-portlet-sample are
two entirely different things. Do you mind me asking, is there a good
reason to login to some "sample" or are you just testing?

> The war file I deployed has been deployed in another machine and it works
> that the http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/ points to the login page of
> the spring-portlet-sample application.
>
> Attached is the screenshot of the admin page that reflects that the
> spring-portlet-sample has been deployed.

Screenshot got stripped off. If you want to "see" your portlet on the
default home page of the Jetspeed sample distribution, simply login as
admin, and follow the customization steps described here (I just
responded to this same question yesterday for 2.1.3):

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2.1.3/usersguide/portlets.html

see the section on adding portlets

If your portlet doesn't show up in that list, then something may have
gone wrong with your deployment. Best to check the Tomcat and Jetspeed
logs. you can verify that your app was successfully deployed in the
Portlet Application Manage administrative portlet.