Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Sumpter, Chuck" <ch...@lmco.com> on 2005/02/18 20:16:55 UTC

Cluster and Connection Pooling problem

Environment =  Tomcat 5.5.7,  Java 1.5_01, IIS (win2k) using the isapi
redirector.

Problem:

Using the scenario outlined by Graham King
(http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-12-2004/jw-1220-tomcat.html ), a
simple cluster is easily configured.  However, when attempting to deploy
our application, I run into a wall attempting to get things in the
proper order regarding the connection pooling needed by the application.
The application's error log indicates that the connection pooling parms
are not really being read in the server.xml.

What is the conflict?  Anyone else encountered this?  I hesitate to
supply xml in this forum if someone else has encountered this problem

TIA

Chuck

Re: Cluster and Connection Pooling problem

Posted by Peter Johnson <pe...@wizardslair.net>.
Define the connection pool in either META-INF/context.xml (if using a

And the link by the usual resource ref in the web.xml

Remember that the JDBC drivers need to be in common/lib

PJ