Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Lennart Benoot <le...@chronoline.org> on 2005/06/22 21:37:34 UTC

Clipboard component looking for a home!

Hi all,

I have made a first version of a tapestry component that implements clipboard functionality: this components resides on a page where it shows its contents (objects). The user can copy objects into the component and paste contents back into the application.
It can be useful to move objects around e.g.  in a tree structure that is navigated in the application.

I would like to make this component available to the community for general usage and further development.  I'm am not interested in creating my own webpage  to set this lonely component available.
I would rather have this component being distributed with other component in a framework or on a centralized database/site.

What would be a good option?

Regards,
Lennart

Re: Clipboard component looking for a home!

Posted by Robert Zeigler <ro...@scazdl.org>.
Andreas Andreou wrote:
> There's a repository of components at:
> http://equalitylearning.org/Tassel/app
> If you think that your component will need further development,
> then you might try looking at sourceforge for Tapestry component projects
> and ask the authors to include your component.

Just a quick note here... Tassel certainly doesn't provide the
facilities that, say, subversion or cvs provide for source control, etc.
However, it does have the means of providing updates to the component.
You can add additional files, and upload replacements for existing files.
I have, for instance, updated HtmlArea a number of times. Furthermore,
if you create a user account with a valid e-mail address, you can elect
to be notified when the author of a component updates the component.
It's certainly no source/project control mechanism, and isn't meant to
be, but it does allow you to provide updates as you have them. :)

Robert

Re: Clipboard component looking for a home!

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
There's a repository of components at:
http://equalitylearning.org/Tassel/app
If you think that your component will need further development,
then you might try looking at sourceforge for Tapestry component projects
and ask the authors to include your component.

What kind of dependencies your component has?
Does it require tapestry 4?
Can we see a demo somewhere?

Perhaps, I would be interested in including it into TapFx
(http://tapfx.sourceforge.net/)
if you wouldn't mind having the source packages renamed.