Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Paul Tomsic <pt...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/12 00:19:32 UTC

dbcp - nullpointer creating pooling driver?

I'm getting a nullpointer when trying to do the
following:

			GenericObjectPool connectionPool = new
GenericObjectPool(null);
			DriverManagerConnectionFactory connectionFactory =
new
DriverManagerConnectionFactory("jdbc:mysql://10.117.7.18:3306/dow?autoReconnect=true",
"webusername", "password");

			PoolableConnectionFactory poolableConnectionFactory
= new PoolableConnectionFactory(connectionFactory,
connectionPool, null, null, false, true);

			PoolingDriver driver = new PoolingDriver();

			driver.registerPool("dow", connectionPool);
			// the next line is throwing a nullpointer....
			conn =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:apache:commons:dbcp:dow");

can anyone help or at least point me in the right
direction?
I'm using MySQL as my Db, and the username/password
combo works when I try to access the dB from outside
the source code.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

http://mailplus.yahoo.com