Posted to users@maven.apache.org by walterw <wa...@hotmail.com> on 2009/01/05 00:38:23 UTC

Maven - Plugin LogLevel

Hi All,

I would like to limit the output from each plugin and only show errors.  I
know there is a <logLevel> property that may be set, but I believe after
reading and testing, it is only for setting the logLevel of the plugin
meaning it will log at that level perhaps?

Is it possibly to restrict what maven prints out without having to use the
commandline?  I know ant tasks can be made quiet, what about maven?

mvn -q clean install

The q makes the output just what I had in mind, but it would be nice to set
once in a configuration.

Walter

RE: Maven - Plugin LogLevel

Posted by jaxzin <Br...@espn3.com>.
Oops, sorry I wasn't clear about that. I'm already running with "-e -X" and
the debut messages in the maven-filtering classes are not coming through so
I assumed that plexus logging level is not controlled by the "-X" on the mvn
command line. Am I wrong?  If so what could be eating the messages from
those classes? I tried tracing back through plexus-logging but couldn't find
where the loggers are initialized.

RE: Maven - Plugin LogLevel

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.

RE: Maven - Plugin LogLevel