Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Bruce Chiarelli <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/21 01:03:54 UTC

Changing timestamps...

I use Subversion to keep track of talks, sermons, and essays I've written
and revise from time to time. As I've found some documents from a long time
ago (>2 years), I was wondering: what adverse effects should be expected of
using propset to change the timestamp of a document to a date before the
creation of the repository itself? Methinks it might be a bad idea.

Cheerio,
Bruce V. C.

Re: Changing timestamps...

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Nov 20, 2006, at 19:03, Bruce Chiarelli wrote:

> I use Subversion to keep track of talks, sermons, and essays I've
> written and revise from time to time. As I've found some documents
> from a long time ago (>2 years), I was wondering: what adverse
> effects should be expected of using propset to change the timestamp
> of a document to a date before the creation of the repository
> itself? Methinks it might be a bad idea.

I believe it's fine to do that. The only adverse effect should be
that searching for a revision by time/date wouldn't work because the
revision / date is out of sequence. But if you don't use that
feature, then there's no problem.