Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Oleg Tikhonov <ol...@apache.org> on 2015/12/13 12:30:07 UTC

apache event in israel

Hello all,
I am thinking to organise 3 days event here is Israel TLV.
The hot topics are: Big Data and Cloud.
The amount of people very roughly is about 1000.
What should I do to materialize this thought?
Please advise.
Best wishes,
Oleg

Re: apache event in israel

Posted by Desmond Chan <de...@datatorrent.com>.
Thank you, Shane.  I will make sure to bring back the ideas to the
community.

Desmond

Desmond Chan
Director, Product Marketing & Apache Apex Community Builder
<https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=7020520> | Apex Forum Subscribe
<dev-subscribe@apex.incubator.apache.org?subject=send%20this%20email%20to%20subscribe>
| DataTorrent blogs <https://www.datatorrent.com/blog/> |

Re: apache event in israel

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.

Re: apache event in israel

Posted by Desmond Chan <de...@datatorrent.com>.
Hi Oleg,

Re: apache event in israel

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.
Slightly longer answer:

I think that there's great local potential, but in my (humble)
experience doing events in Israel (and in general), the big things that
are needed are:

1) Venue/Sponsors
2) Content (speakers - local, or from abroad)
3) People to show up

Do you have good leads on any of the above, or is this just an itch
you'd like to scratch?  Even if it's just an itch at the moment, I'd be
happy to kick the tires a bit - I've had the same itch for a while, but
I haven't have the time to commit to getting it moving on my own.

  Issac

Re: apache event in israel

Posted by Issac Goldstand <is...@apache.org>.