Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Boris Solovyov <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/08 17:40:33 UTC

Cassandra libraries for Golang

Hi,

I'm developing Go application. I see there is gossie, which doesn't support
the native binary protocol, and there is gocql, which I tried. I wasn't
able to connect to my Cassandra server. I got EOF after a timeout. I didn't
investigate it much further. I wanted to ask the list, what is status of
Cassandra libraries for Go? Is anyone using one of them successfully in
production? Does it really matter whether I use new native protocol?

- Boris

Re: Cassandra libraries for Golang

Posted by Ben Hood <0x...@gmail.com>.
Hi Boris,

I use this one with Cassandra 1.2+ (you'll need to turn the native port on):

https://github.com/titanous/gocql

HTH,

Ben

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK there is currently only a single language that supports the
native transport Java. Go can link to c / c++ libraries. Yes no? If
yes then leveraging a thrift's c generated code or whatever c
libraries exist might be an option.