Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Soup <il...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/23 10:20:41 UTC

Optiq as sql front-end for MapReduce?

Hi guys,
Might be a immature question. I'm evaluating different sql front end
codebases to refectory our SQL system on non-hadoop MapReduce. It is
something similar to hadoop but API is not quite the same.
I wonder if Optiq is suitable for it? I knew Cascading and Drill are using
it. Are they using it for generate up to logical plan and write their own
physical plan and operators? And is optiq provide plug-in style for that
layer or we need to hack some code?

Thanks.

--
Best regards,

Xiaoyu Ma

Re: Optiq as sql front-end for MapReduce?

Posted by Julian Hyde <ju...@hydromatic.net>.
Optiq is perfect for what you want to do. It parses and validates SQL, and you can write an adapter that transforms the Optiq’s relational operators to your back-end.

Julian