Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by "A. Soroka" <aj...@virginia.edu> on 2017/02/01 14:58:41 UTC

Re: not sure if I am on track for release

Okay, I am _finally_ about to send the vote invitation, but I have one last question. The votes are normally called for 72 hours, but in this case, that would land the end on Saturday night, which is not a great schedule for participation. I'm not familiar enough with the the policies to know: is it legitimate for me to preemptively extend the deadline to Monday night to ensure that we get three complete, solid business days in there?

ajs6f

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.

On 01/02/17 14:58, A. Soroka wrote:
> Okay, I am _finally_ about to send the vote invitation, but I have one last question. The votes are normally called for 72 hours, but in this case, that would land the end on Saturday night, which is not a great schedule for participation. I'm not familiar enough with the the policies to know: is it legitimate for me to preemptively extend the deadline to Monday night to ensure that we get three complete, solid business days in there?

That's fine - the RM gets to choose what they think is best.  72hr is a
minimum.

	Andy