Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com> on 2005/07/08 18:57:33 UTC

How to set tiles attribute dynamically?

Hello:

I have a site I am developing that has some pages with direct content
and some where the content comes from a database.

For the direct pages, I have a layout that depends on a pageTitle
attribute in the tiles definition.  Here is an example:

  <definition name="locations.index" extends="layout.back">
    <put name="pageTitle" value="Locations" />
    <put name="content" value="/locations/index.jsp" />
  </definition>

The layout.back embeds the pageTitle into the page using
<tiles:getAsString name="pageTitle" />

For the database driven pages, I am trying to use a generic
definition:

  <!-- Tiles definition of database page -->
  <definition name="page.dbPage" extends="layout.back">
    <put name="content" value="/showPage.jsp" />
  </definition>

With this struts action:
    <action path="/showPage" forward="page.dbPage"/>

When I code the links to the db pages, I put a page parameter
on the action:

The problem is that the pageTitle depends on the parameter
value and is not fixed.  Is there a way to put a method call
in the tiles-defs.xml so I can pull the correct page title
from the database?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (214) 986-3533, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by

RE: How to set tiles attribute dynamically?

Posted by mosho <ro...@gmail.com>.
Neil,

I am trying to do same thing my page_title comes from the db and it depends
on the parameter.
I fail to understand, how are you doing it? Do you have some example code.
You are creating another class as MyController?

Thanks