Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/03 17:17:38 UTC

Click link

Hi,

I have a a listview in a form that contains cart items.

Every list view item has quantity textfield and ajaxsubmitlink. Now I want
to add a behavior that enables enter keypress for the textfield.

public abstract class KeyEnterBehavior extends
AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior{

public KeyEnterBehavior() {
super("onkeypress");
}

@Override
protected void onComponentTag(ComponentTag tag) {
Component myComponent = getComponent();
if (myComponent.isEnabled() && myComponent.isEnableAllowed()) {
CharSequence handler = generateCallbackScript(new
AppendingStringBuffer("wicketAjaxPost('").append(getCallbackUrl(false)).append("',
wicketSerialize(Wicket.$('"+ getComponent().getMarkupId() + "'))"));
 String event = "if (event.keyCode == 13) {"+ handler.toString() + "}";
 tag.put("onkeypress", event);
}
}
}

quantity.add( new KeyEnterBehavior(){
  @Override
   protected void onUpdate(AjaxRequestTarget target) {
   }
});

in the onUpdate I would like to programmatically click the AjaxSubmitLink.
Any pointers?

Re: Click link

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Sorry, I didn't notice the part where you're looking for the enter key
to be pressed.  I thought you were just looking to do the callback on
any key press.  You might want to override getPreconditionScript() to
check for that key code, though.  That might be a bit cleaner and a
bit less brittle.

Re: Click link

Posted by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com>.
What is your suggestion?

Re: Click link

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
For this, why are you having to write your own JavaScript?

Re: Click link

Posted by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Any "mature" work on integrating Hibernate Validator with Wicket?

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
nope - just have at it

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Posted by Uwe Schäfer <sc...@thomas-daily.de>.

Posted by Richard Nichols <rn...@richardnichols.net>.
Hey all,

I had also created a JSR-303 integration solution as part of
visural-wicket. It's not been fully documented yet w/ examples, but is
fully functional and is a really handy addition.

I planned to include/document it in the next release of visural-wicket (0.6).

http://code.google.com/p/visural-wicket/source/browse/#svn/trunk/visural-wicket/src/com/visural/wicket/behavior/jsr303

There is a sample Form class to extend from to enable this
functionality, but it is not mandatory. (see
JSR303ValidatedForm.java#onBeforeRender() ... )

cheers,
Rich

Richard Nichols :: http://www.visural.com/ :: http://www.richardnichols.net/

Re: Any "mature" work on integrating Hibernate Validator with Wicket?

Posted by Ben Tilford <be...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to centrally handle common exceptions from the databsae layer?

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Those type of exceptions should be guarded against in your code (with
validators, etc.).  You shouldn't typically want to see them in
"production."  I don't do anything special to handle unchecked
exceptions for database problems because it's usually one of the
following issues:

1.  My code isn't working properly, meaning I'm not guarding against,
so my code needs to be fixed.
2.  The database is hosed and I can't do anything about it.

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
Since I did not hear any response, I would like to ask folks here, humbly, one more time.

Am I asking the right question?

Or

Is my question confusing or unclear?

Here is some background info why I am asking this quesiton. I did a spring web app before. I have a base form controller and its onSubmit method contains an abstract method as follows:

public abstract ModelAndView doOnSubmit(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response, Object command, BindException errors) throws Exception;

This base form controller's onSubmit centrally handles exceptions thrown from the service layer (most often the erros are database errors) and each specific form controller that inherits the base form controller handles business related to the specific form. In this way, I only need to do it once for handling errors and display right messages in user interface.

Hope this helps. I really would like to hear from folks here about how to do the right thing.

Best,
David

Posted by Uwe Schäfer <us...@thomas-daily.de>.

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
hi, did you get the jsr 303 validation code released? where can i find it? i am really excited looking forward to it.

all the best,
david

Posted by Uwe Schäfer <us...@thomas-daily.de>.

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
Ben,

Thanks for sharing your code, which, IMHO, definately helps not only me but also others.  I believe that using Hibernate Validator really kills more than one bird in one stone.

All the best,

David

P.S. folks, please feel free to comment how you feel about the Bean Validation/Hiberate Validator thing. Just wanted to do the right/good thing for me and everybody. There might be cases where using Hibernate Validator will not be helpful or bad. Please feel free to let us know if you can think of them.

Posted by Uwe Schäfer <us...@thomas-daily.de>.
Carlos Vara schrieb:

> Seeing as it is only 2 simple classes, and that the external dependencies
> can be reduced to a minimum (just javax-validation-api)

i think message resolution is flawed (i18n) and making wicket directly
dependent from javax.validation might be a bad thing.

cu uwe

Re: Any "mature" work on integrating Hibernate Validator with Wicket?

Posted by Carlos Vara <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

The code may be simple, but the idea/benefits I see may be great. Wouldn't
> be better to make it available on wicketstuff in good shape instead of me or
> others googling it out? :) Just my 2 cents.

I totally agree with you here. I find JSR-303 to be a great standard that
addresses the validation problem very well, so having a minimal start point
inside wicket to use it would be a good idea.

Seeing as it is only 2 simple classes, and that the external dependencies
can be reduced to a minimum (just javax-validation-api), I proposed a RFE in
wickets jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-2825 Vote for it
if you like the idea :-)

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
Carlos,

Thanks for chiming in and for good work and sharing!

Posted by Carlos Vara <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by Ben Tilford <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Hi!

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
>>so if somebody took the code from the blogs and put them on a project
in wicketstuff that would make it more "mature"?

I dont think so. wicketstuff is just one place to look at. But I dont think people would put their blogs there. Yes, they can.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by David Chang <da...@yahoo.com>.
Found another related work.

Re: Click link

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
How does it cause it to post?  Both of those methods are ajax-based.
You should be good to go.

Re: Click link

Posted by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com>.
This happens in google Chrome and not opera and firefox. In IE7 It works but
I get a noisy sound?

Re: Click link

Posted by Mathias Nilsson <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Click link

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Move the logic in the onClick() into a helper method (that takes an
AjaxRequestTarget) and just call that from the onUpdate() method?