Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Ro...@nike.com> on 2008/06/12 20:52:53 UTC

svn:tagdiff

One of the features that I really liked about the cvstagdiff task +
cvsweb page showing the diff of the file. I just started using the
svn:tagdiff task + <style> and I noticed that the link goes to the file
in viewcs or svn url, but not to a diff. Looking into it further I see
that the versions of the files are not written to the xml file that
svn:tagdiff produces. So, I have a few questions:

Is there something else I should be using to produce a nice html diff
with links to viewvc for file diffs?

Should I work on adding this functionality to svn:tagdiff?

Has anyone started such work? If so, please forward what you have, along
with notes on issues or challenges.

Thanks,

Rob Anderson

Senior System Engineer

Nike Global Trade IT

503.532.6803

I wish I was in Tijuana, eating barbecued iguana. -Stan Ridgway

RE: svn:tagdiff

Posted by "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Ro...@nike.com>.
Fair enough. Thanks, -Rob A

> Is there something else I should be using to produce a nice html
> diff with links to viewvc for file diffs?

No idea, sorry.

> Should I work on adding this functionality to svn:tagdiff?
>
> Has anyone started such work? If so, please forward what you have,
> along with notes on issues or challenges.

To be honest, the svn antlib looks pretty dormant, so I doubt anybody
has been putting any work into it lately.  If you can improve it in
any way, I'll be happy to commit your patch, but I won't promise to
spend any time on working on it myself.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: svn:tagdiff