Posted to users@felix.apache.org by "Thiago Moreira (timba)" <tm...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/25 00:19:01 UTC

Bundle plugin and Eclipse

  Hi there,

  I'm trying to build and install a Eclipse plugin using the
maven-bundle-plugin, but until now I was unable. I have two questions!

   - How can I reference on the pom.xml the dependecies that my project need
   from the Eclipse environment ?? Here is the list

org.eclipse.ui,
org.eclipse.core.runtime,
org.eclipse.core.resources,
org.eclipse.jdt.core,
org.eclipse.ui.console

   - I'm working with SNAPSHOTs version, but apparently, Eclipse don't
   accept String on the version field, like 1.2.3-SNAPSHOT, only 1.2.3. Someone
   knows how to build a bundle based only on the number of the version of your
   project??

  Thanks

  Thiago Moreira

Re: Bundle plugin and Eclipse

Posted by "Thiago Moreira (timba)" <tm...@gmail.com>.
  Hey Stuart,

  I got it working...

  I used the maven-eclipse-plugin to add the Eclipse artifacts to my local
repository.

  And I changed the version number of my plugin to 1.2.3.SNAPSHOT... I
replaced the dash for dot and now I'm good to go...

  I will check the new version of the bnd in the next release of the
project...

  Thank you anyway!

  Another question: how do you guys generated/updated the MANIFEST.MF file
to work with bnd and Eclipse PDE?? Here is my conf

              <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
                <configuration>
                    <manifestLocation>META-INF</manifestLocation>
                    <unpackBundle>true</unpackBundle>
                    <instructions>

<Export-Package>net.sourceforge.floggy.eclipse;uses:="org.eclipse.jface.action,org.eclipse.core.runtime,org.eclipse.ui,org.eclipse.core.resources,org.eclipse.
ui.plugin,org.eclipse.jface.viewers,org.osgi.framework,org.apache.commons.logging.impl"</Export-Package>

<Bundle-SymbolicName>${pom.groupId};singleton:=true</Bundle-SymbolicName>

<Bundle-Activator>${pom.groupId}.eclipse.Activator</Bundle-Activator>
                        <Embed-Dependency>*;scope=compile</Embed-Dependency>
                        <Embed-Directory>lib</Embed-Directory>

<Require-Bundle>org.eclipse.osgi,org.eclipse.ui,org.eclipse.core.runtime,org.eclipse.core.resources,org.eclipse.jdt.core,org.eclipse.ui.console</Require-Bundl
e>

<Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment>J2SE-1.4</Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment>

<Import-Package>!javax.microedition.rms*,!org.apache.tools.ant*,!org.apache.log*,!org.apache.avalon*,!com.sun.jdi*,*</Import-Package>

<Bundle-ActivationPolicy>lazy</Bundle-ActivationPolicy>
                    </instructions>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                    <execution>