Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Luo, Chao" <ch...@here.com> on 2016/07/26 19:52:42 UTC

kafka latency

Dear Kafka guys,

I measured the latency of kafka system. The producer, kafka servers, and consumer were running on different machines (AWS EC2 instances). The producer-to-consumer latency is around 250 milliseconds. Is it a normal value for kafka system. Can I do better and how? Any comments or suggestion are highly appreciated!

Best,
Chao

Re: kafka latency

Posted by Stevo Slavić <ss...@gmail.com>.