Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Sharma, Siddharth" <Si...@Staples.com> on 2005/10/25 19:19:54 UTC

Thread safety question

Hi
I have an instance (each) of IndexSearcher and StandardAnalyzer housed in a
Singleton and I intend to use this one single instance (of Searcher and
Analyzer) for multiple concurrent search requests.
I vaguely remember reading that I (as a client) do not have to synchronize.
Lucene internals takes care of it.
Is this true?
Thx
Sid

Re: Thread safety question

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Right.... when you're searching or reading an index, there is no need
for the client to be concerned with synchronization at all.

     Erik