Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2016/11/15 16:38:41 UTC

Snapshot fails on manually expanded volume

Hi,

Unaware that I can increase root volume size from UI I followed these steps to do so manually as described here:
http://www.techmediaconsulting.com/index.php/web-design/cloudstack-citrix-cloudplatform-volume-extension

Now whenever I want to take a snapshot of said volume I get an error. There was also a scheduled snapshotting in place that also fails all the time now since the changes.

UI says: "Failed to create snapshot due to an internal error creating snapshot for volume 72"

Management server log: http://tmp.nux.ro/9gT-ms.log

Xenserver logs: http://tmp.nux.ro/Vb4-xenserver.log

Logs are very verbose, but I fail to see where the problem lies.

Any pointers welcome!

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: Snapshot fails on manually expanded volume

Posted by Sergey Levitskiy <Se...@autodesk.com>.
We run 100% on vmware so I just try few guesses. On vmware volume resize is allowed only for full clones so if you run Xen with link clones this might cause volume corruption. From mgmt. server log it looks like the Xen task to take an intermediate VM snapshot fails so may be you can try to manually execute it and see what error you get. Increasing verbosity of Xen log might help as well as temporary enabling TRACE log level for ACS to show additional info on what exactly is failing.

Re: Snapshot fails on manually expanded volume

Posted by Sergey Levitskiy <Se...@autodesk.com>.