Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Karthikeyan Manivannan <km...@mapr.com> on 2017/10/16 18:39:03 UTC

[HANGOUT] Oct 17 2017. Talk by Salim + usual topic discussions.

Hi,

We will have a Drill hangout tomorrow (Tuesday Oct 17) at 10 AM Pacific Time.

Talk: Salim will talk about his attempts to explore Parquet Scanner performance enhancements opportunities (JIRA-5846).

Discussions: Please suggest topics by replying to this thread or bring them up during the hangout.

Hangout link:  https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/event/ci4rdiju8bv04a64efj5fedd0lc

Thanks,

Karthik

RE: [HANGOUT] Oct 17 2017. Talk by Salim + usual topic discussions.

Posted by Kunal Khatua <kk...@mapr.com>.
For Salim's talk ( https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-5846 ) , it would be nice if folks who have previously worked on the Parquet Reader attend and give their inputs.

The folks whom I see from the commit history with relevant contributions to the Parquet reader are:
1. Parth Chandra
2. Jason Altekruse
3. Jacques Nadeau
4. Arina Yelchiyeva
5. Vitalli Diravka
6. Steven Phillip

My apologies to those that I missed. Salim's document on his analysis (DRILL-5847) are very interesting, so I'll recommend it in general to everyone on the DevList.

Thanks
~KK