Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Edward Tan <ta...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/28 08:24:39 UTC

Getting DB Connection in POP3

Hi,

Is it possible to get DB Connection in POP3 service/handler/server.

It seems that componentManager in POP3Server.java has not had
DataSourceSelector.ROLE during
compose( final ComponentManager componentManager )

I need DB access when handling POP3 request.

Has anyone encountered the same requirement?

Thanks

Regards,
Edward

Re: Getting DB Connection in POP3

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Edward Tan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to get DB Connection in POP3 service/handler/server.
>
> It seems that componentManager in POP3Server.java has not had
> DataSourceSelector.ROLE during
> compose( final ComponentManager componentManager )
>
> I need DB access when handling POP3 request.

Open your assembly.xml, look for   <block name="pop3server"
class="org.apache.james.pop3server.POP3Server" > block and add the
"<provide" for your dependency.

Stefano