Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Assenza, Chris" <ca...@Accessdc.com> on 2001/04/12 00:59:22 UTC

Finding DTD when disconnected from Internet

Well, here I am again - new problem. :| (BTW, thanks to all for helping,
this is by far one of the best list I've been on).

Problem:

Okay, I've been working with WebSphere and JBoss to get a Struts app
working. So far my efforts have been very successful. However, today I hit a
new bug. Assume your PC is not connected to the Internet -- ie. its just a
local app.  In WebSphere in particular, but also in JBoss, Struts will fail
because it goes out to find the DTD for web_app_2_2 from Sun and
struts-config from the Jakarta site.

After countless efforts to make Digester search for the DTD locally, I have
had no success.  I am required to use the SYSTEM identifier and not PUBLIC.
The only thing I've had success with is making the two xml files standalone
(ie. standalone="yes"). SAX returns beaucoup errors, but the app
"half-works" -- pages will at least come up.

Does anyone know how to fix this easily...without connecting the machine to
the Net (it's an Intranet app). My knowledge of XML is okay, DTD's fairly
week (incl. !DOCTYPE).

Thanks,

Chris Assenza

Re: Finding DTD when disconnected from Internet

Posted by Rob Leland <Ro...@freetocreate.org>.
Update to the latest nightly build, this problem was fixed about
5 weeks ago.

-Rob