Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Samuel ARNOD-PRIN <sa...@dxd2.com> on 2002/03/15 11:40:39 UTC

XPATH ... no result ;O(

Hello,

I've just discovered Xindice... I used a lot cocoon, i.e. XSL with XPath

No request gives results !!

I've put all my .xml files... that all uses <report:TAG>
I try the the command line xindice -c /db/test -q
//report:document[@id='1'] and gets no result
(I've added all files with add multiple doc)
then I tested to use the example file : <product...> as defined in the
user guide and get no result
is there something special to do ??

files are really in the database when I list them, I can export them..

any idea ? I've downloaded the latest Xindice 1.0rc2 zip file

--
_______________________
Samuel Arnod-Prin - DXD2

Re: XPATH ... no result ;O(

Posted by "Mark J. Stang" <ma...@earthlink.net>.
On windows everything after the -q needs to be in quotes.

Mark

Re: XPATH ... no result ;O(

Posted by Kimbro Staken <ks...@xmldatabases.org>.
If report: is a namespace and not just a colon in the name then you need
to specify the namespace to use before you execute the query. You'll need
to do that from a java program. Use setNamespace on XPathQueryService to
setup the prefix to URI mapping.

On Friday, March 15, 2002, at 08:16 AM, Samuel ARNOD-PRIN wrote:

> windows
> and even the java program does not work (and command line too)
>
> "Mark J. Stang" wrote:
>
>> Are you running *nix or windows?
>>
>> Samuel ARNOD-PRIN wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've just discovered Xindice... I used a lot cocoon, i.e. XSL with XPath
>>>
>>> No request gives results !!
>>>
>>> I've put all my .xml files... that all uses <report:TAG>
>>> I try the the command line xindice -c /db/test -q
>>> //report:document[@id='1'] and gets no result
>>> (I've added all files with add multiple doc)
>>> then I tested to use the example file : <product...> as defined in the
>>> user guide and get no result
>>> is there something special to do ??
>>>
>>> files are really in the database when I list them, I can export them..
>>>
>>> any idea ? I've downloaded the latest Xindice 1.0rc2 zip file
>>>
>>> --
>>> _______________________
>>> Samuel Arnod-Prin - DXD2
>>> Technical Manager
>>> & Associate Director
>>> 26, Rue de la Gabelle
>>> 1227 Geneva - Switzerland
>>> Tél: +41 22 301 29 72
>>> Mob: +41 78 732 47 66
>
> --
> _______________________
> Samuel Arnod-Prin - DXD2
> Technical Manager
> & Associate Director
> 26, Rue de la Gabelle
> 1227 Geneva - Switzerland
> Tél: +41 22 301 29 72
> Mob: +41 78 732 47 66

Kimbro Staken - http://www.kstaken.org - http://www.xmldatabases.org
Apache Xindice native XML database http://xml.apache.org/xindice
XML:DB Initiative http://www.xmldb.org
Senior Technologist (Your company name here)

Re: XPATH ... no result ;O(

Posted by Samuel ARNOD-PRIN <sa...@dxd2.com>.
windows

--