Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by jeremi joslin <je...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/12 11:32:06 UTC

simple webdav versioning

Hi,
I'm working on a project of open source (ASL 2.0) document manager.
The goal is to make collaboration easier. We want to do a tool like a
wiki, but with desktop tools like Open Office, MS Office or anything
else if you develop the plugin. We use jackrabbit (simple webdav
server) as our webdav repository. We need to be able to save each
version of all files.

As I've seen in the simple server, the versioning is not implemented,
but it is on the JCRServerServlet.
Do you want to implement it on the simple server?
Does someone is working on? I will be pleased to help to do it.

Jérémi

--
Blog: http://www.jeremi.info
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile?viewProfile=&key=1437724

Re: simple webdav versioning

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
hi jérémi

> Do you think it's possible to use some code from the JCRServerServlet?

from the servlet? that should not be necessary.

but you may find the /server/webdav/jcr (the remoting stuff)
useful. i guess the basic stuff would be pretty similar for the
simple server, but i'd did not take a closer look at it.

> like now 1.0 is in another branch, can you commit it?

sure.

regards
angela

Re: simple webdav versioning

Posted by jeremi joslin <je...@gmail.com>.
On 3/16/06, Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com> wrote:
> hi jeremi
>
> jeremi joslin wrote:
> > I will start it maybe this week end.
>
> > Why you don't want to had this functionnalities to the simple webdav
> > server? We will not broke anything, and maybe ...
>
> i don't have anything against having the simple server
> being deltaV enabled :)) the reason for only having
> webdav 1,2 compliance lever was that up to now i had no
> need for additional stuff and nobody asked for it...
> that's it.
>
>  > ... if you want we can
>  > disable each extensions on the configuration file.
>
> what would be the usecase for having the configuration?
> a server being deltaV enabled can happily deal with a
> level1,2 client, can't it?
yes sure, it's just if someone don't want to allow users to turn on
versionning but it can be done by the right management I think.

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
hi jeremi

Posted by jeremi joslin <je...@gmail.com>.
On 3/13/06, Brian Moseley <bc...@osafoundation.org> wrote:
> On 3/12/06, Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com> wrote:
>
> > Some time ago there was a discussion about building
> > a general webdav server, which would for sure support
> > versioning as well. But i don't know if someone is
> > working on this.
> > (http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg03878.html)
>
> i may begin working on this in the near future. i will know more
> within a week or two. if that does become a reality, it will very
> likely make sense to put support for all webdav extensions into that
> project and leave the simple server for rfc 2518 only.

I will start it maybe this week end.

Why you don't want to had this functionnalities to the simple webdav
server? We will not broke anything, and maybe if you want we can

Posted by Brian Moseley <bc...@osafoundation.org>.

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
Hi Jérémi

jeremi joslin wrote:
> As I've seen in the simple server, the versioning is not implemented,  [...]
> Do you want to implement it on the simple server?
> Does someone is working on? I will be pleased to help to do it.

Some time ago there was a discussion about building
a general webdav server, which would for sure support
versioning as well. But i don't know if someone is
working on this.
(http://www.mail-archive.com/jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org/msg03878.html)

Nevertheless, if you wish to contribute to the simple
server, feel free to do so.

Kind regards
angela