Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Oyvind Eriksen <oy...@eriksen.cn> on 2013/03/13 00:09:47 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_rewrite pause for 2500ms

I'm running Apache 2.4.4 Win32 on a Windows 2008 server. When trying to
optimize a website I noticed a random reoccurring 2500ms delay in Time
To First Byte. A file could have a TTFB of 500ms several times but
suddenly it would get 3000ms. This could be a static file (image, html,
js) or php. After much trial and error I found the problem was with
mod_rewrite. Disabling this and everything is fine. Attached is a
section from error.log with trace8 logging. From line 3 to line 4 the
time skips from 23:28:56.123519 to 23:28:58.674665. It seems like
mod_rewrite is taking a pause? What can this be?

Regards,
Oyvind Eriksen