Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Aru Sahni <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/03 16:34:33 UTC

Column visibility authorization proxying

Hi,

I'm currently trying to apply and scan for rows with specific
authorizations using pyaccumulo.  I'm getting a BAD_AUTHORIZATIONS
exception due to the fact that I haven't granted them to the account that's
currently scanning.  I was wondering if there was a way to programmatically
add these authorizations to the user account?  I'm trying to make these
on-demand, so I'd like to avoid pre-defining them if at all possible.

Also, I get an exception from the proxy library whenever this exception
gets thrown.

"AttributeError: 'AccumuloSecurityException' object has no attribute
'_message'"

on line 82 of Thrift.py.  Should I report that here, or on the pyaccumulo
github?

Thanks!
~Aru

Re: Column visibility authorization proxying

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
hahahaha, my brain isn't on yet it seems (or my eyes just didn't read
far enough)

Posted by Aru Sahni <ar...@gmail.com>.
I thought so to, until...

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.