Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Vlad Safronov <vl...@comptek.ru> on 2000/02/16 11:14:12 UTC

Performance: EmbPerl/Mason vs. ePerl (what's faster?)

Hi!

Which (EmbPerl/Mason/Perl) you think is faster? EmbPerl/Mason or ePerl?
I know that EmbPerl/Mason/Apache::ASP is more
suitable for generatying dynamic HTML pages, but
I only want to know how does they slow down the
performance comare to pure Perl/ePerl?

--

Best regards,
Vlad A. Safronov         vlads@comptek.ru

Re: Performance: EmbPerl/Mason vs. ePerl (what's faster?)

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Vlad Safronov wrote:

> I thought ePerl is more pure Perl than EmbPerl/Mason because
> its simple features. ePerl is just a Perl script with <% %>,
> no html specific features, no special syntax, etc ..
> I thought it was easy to implement and it's fast as Perl.

I think by default ePerl is just html with perl inserted
via <: :>, on the other hand Apache::ASP may be what you
are looking for with perl inserted via <% %> :) ... but
you are right, one of the lures for me with ASP was the
natural way HTML & code are interleaved.

-- Joshua
Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA

Re: Performance: EmbPerl/Mason vs. ePerl (what's faster?)

Posted by Vlad Safronov <vl...@comptek.ru>.

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.